Library Policies & Procedures
Students may borrow books from the library during their scheduled library borrowing/lesson time. Students visit the library every other week with their class.
Students may also borrow books between 8:00-8:30, and on Library Mondays from 2:10-3:00 if they are accompanied by a parent.
Kindergarten & Grade 1= one book for one week
Grades 2-5= two books for two weeks
Before students borrow books, they check for damages: torn pages, scribble scrabble, dirty fingerprints and more. We repair and note damage at that time.
Students also learn how to handle books responsibly:
1. Wash hands before reading books.
2. Turn pages from the top.
3. Keep books in a safe place--away from little brothers and sisters and pets.
4. Water bottle outside the backpack, books inside.
5. Enjoy your food after you read--keep food and water away from books.
6. Return your library books by 8:30am the day you wish to borrow.
7. Most importantly, have fun reading your book!
Please notify the library if a student has damaged a book. Students will be assessed fines for torn/ripped pages, dirty pages, books with water damage and other evidence of disrespect. Parents, please help your child learn the value of honesty. Encourage her/him to come and talk to us. We want everyone to enjoy the many, many books in the library and this can only happen if we respect the library books.
Books are due by 8:30 am on the classroom's library day. Students in grades 2-5 may return their books on their way to class. Students in grades K-1 may turn their books into their teacher's designated library bin.